Help us to send food
Food is one of the major part of ones basic living need of a common man apart from clothing and Shelter. 15.2% of Indian children does not have access to basic meal in India. We at ‘Sutra Foundation’ takes a step to provide food to the peoples in rural and slum areas of Delhi/NCR region. Mainly lunch during day time, and meals left overs in big functions and marriages or 5* hotels collected by our members are used in this project.
How it works:
We buy monthly ration from Sadar Bazaar or retail shop in whole sale prices and distribute 02Kgs Rice, 02Kg Floor, 01Kg Dal, 01 Lit Cooking Oi, Salt and spices per packet. We intent to distribute such packets to approx 500 deprived and poor people to serve for their monthly needs.
We make clean & hygienic food, either Rice with Rajma, Chola or Kadi and distribute to target of 2000 poor and hungry people on road with sweets like Desi Ghee Halwa or Ladoo or Gulam Jamun
or, Puri, chole, aloo ki sabzi with similar sweets
or, Roti, sabzi, dal, raita with similar sweets
- We collect fresh made pure hygienic leftover in big functions and marriages or 5* hotels.
- Food is collected as per area wise and distributed there and then to poor of near by locality. .
- Each time we do a survey of the proposed villages prior to distribution.
- Food is distributed to all hungry children, men, women, everyone on road
- On special programs we distribute cold water in summer and Ruhafza milk among the people who work in hot atmosphere.
- Food, not suitable to eat are thrown away at any of MCD approved waste house with permission.
If you would like to sponsor the distribution of free food and drinks for these children and needy people, please contact us.
You can donate a packed food will cost around Rs.200 (rice, sabzi and roti)
and/or a packed ration material to take home at costs Rs.500 which will contain 2kg Floor, 2 kg Rice, 1 kg Dal, 1 lit oil, salt etc…