Clothes For Everyone
Clothes are one of the major part of ones basic living need of a common man apart from Food and Shelter. 12% of Indian people does not have access to proper basic clothing in India. We at ‘Sutra Foundation’ takes a step to provide clothes to the peoples in rural and slum areas of Delhi/NCR region. Mainly old usable clothes, collected by our members are used in this project.
Most of people come wearing only an old pair of shorts. Smaller children usually don’t even have that, and often come to our programs naked. We try to arrange for clothes for all of these children, and in the winter we have a special distribution of winter blankets to help them keep warm at night.
How it works:
- We collect old clean wearable clothes from households and hostels of different college/universities.
- Clothes are sorted out according to size, gender and type and then washed and ironed.
- Each time we do a survey of the proposed villages prior to distribution.
- Clothes are distributed among some selected people.
- On special programs we distribute rags and warm clothes among the people who live under the sky to help them fight the winter.
- Clothes, not suitable to donate are sold to various old buying vendors and the money is used to buy new clothes.
If you would like to sponsor the distribution of free clothes and blankets for these children and needy people, please contact us.
You can donate old clean wearable clothes of your home (children, women and men)
You can donate a new set of clothes will cost around Rs.500 (shirt + trouser)
and a thick winter blanket costs around Rs.800