Because of our relatively low standard of living, many children consider child poverty to be an important issue. In fact, more than 37 percent of Indian children fall below the poverty line.
Because these children don’t have access to basic education, healthcare and protection services they struggle to reach their potential. Charities that help child poverty, like Sutra Foundation, implement programs to make change both in India and overseas.
We believe the path out of child poverty is education. Save the Children helps millions of children around the world to both prepare for school (through early childhood education) and go to school. Education can help a child gain valuable knowledge and skills, and improve their lives.
Here in India we at Sutra offer programs that improve access and school attendance for disadvantaged children. We also work overseas on programs aimed at helping children to access education.
If it is important to you to support charities that help child poverty, you can help Save the Children today by making:
- a regular donation (just Rs.1000 a month could buy 10 bottles of water purification solution, which is enough to make 10,000 litres of water safe to drink),
- a single donation (just Rs.1000 could pay to vaccinate 25 children against various diseases ) or;
- through volunteering, fundraising and partnerships.
Every child deserves a bright future.
- Donate. One of the quickest and most obvious ways to help the world’s poor is to donate to charity.
- Call us This way to help the world’s poor is surprisingly simple.
- Inform Yourself with need for poor children
- Build Buzz/Raise Awareness.
- Social Media.
- Get to Political leaders for support
- Be a Consumer with a Cause